Sauteed Greens and Butter Beans with Lemon Quinoa
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch of Kale, stems removed
- 1 15-ounce can butter [Gigante] beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
In a small saucepan, add quinoa, 1 1/2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cover for 16-18 minutes or until all the water is absorbed. Remove from the heat and fluff with a fork. Add olive oil, lemon juice and lemon zest. Cover to keep warm; set aside.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and stir until it’s fragrant, about 1 minute. Add greens and stir until they begin to wilt – use tongs to coat with oil. Add butter beans and cook until they get a little crispy, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, add kalamata olives, season with salt and pepper.
When ready to serve, dish quinoa and top with the greens and bean mixture. Sprinkle crushed red pepper if you prefer some spice.
Courtesy of Withstyleandgrace.com