Sunday, February 5, 2012

Ok, this week is "National Brothers Week" and Skip's b-day was yesterday so Skip, Happy b-day old man and I love you brother....but will never forgive you for putting me under a laundry basket and sitting on it...EVER.

So it's February already. A great January for sure. Lots of pounds lost, but more importantly, a lot more better eating happening. Skip is looking for the NEXT GREAT CHALLENGE!!!! I say cool it old man. Let's use February to assess and ponder life....well just the health part of life. Pondering all of life is just too big a task.

I think everyone should watch the movies Skip recommended. I found both on Netflix and enjoyed them both tremendously. I cried when Phil was running....seriously, I did. Reading the China Study is a lot but I loved it.....lots of back up info that is not in "Forks over Knives".

Over the past few days I have come to realize I eat more like Joel than I thought. Yet, the few deviations are fine and not detrimental. I don't see much point in continuing to eat fish, but may if stuck at a restaurant with no alternative I guess. I will probably eat a couple of eggs a day or two a week. And I have learned that eating protein bars is not necessary. Who knew spinach had protein, never mind 13 grams in a cup of cooked spinach! In our January journey, I found hemp and nutrition yeast and various other goodies. I don't need to be a vegan or not, I can be an almost vegan....whatever makes me happy and healthy.

I also started to read more articles supporting a plant based diet. I will post some good ones that I have come across.

I feel better and stronger because I started working out with a trainer and running more. I think everyone should move more and find something they love to do....not sure how everyone is doing on that.

So I am going to support Skip's thought about this month's focus being exercise. But add to it really contemplating what January was about and see what you want to take out of it. Just don't go back to your old ways....if you are thinking about it, pop in "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead".

Healthy Eating!
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment