Saturday, September 26, 2009

Day Six: Bill goes hog wild, Kim's out, Skip & Chris remain pure

As is often the case with a new recruit given a little R&R, Bill has gone a tad over the top. I call this picture Decadence.

Careful Bill, or you'll end up looking like Ruth of Ruth's Diner!!


Meanwhile, Kim, the legitimate vegetarian, lasted two days! I guess the allure of a glass of wine and a block of cheese was too much. I am a bit disappointed.

The good news...Chris and myself remain chaste. I am actually on the way to Trader Joe's and Whole Foods ( my secret weapons) . Joel, try to find those stores in Fernie!!

Finally, a moral question. Although I resisted, I was tempted by McDonald's Fries. Although technically within the scope of the guidelines, does eating these violate the spirit of The Joel Whalen Experience? Joel, I am looking for guidance ...


1 comment:

  1. Halfway through the weekend, and the temptation just gets easier to deflect. Friday morning at the pancake house was no problem, as the oatmeal with raisins and bananas was an easy choice over the egg, sausage, potato pancake, and coffee indulgence that my client enjoyed. 18 holes and sunshine in the afternoon for some client appreciation- complete with the beer cart circling (thankfully not that often)-and still not a crack in the resolve. Friday night was a bit tougher; the annual Greek Festival, which takes place at the Greek Church about a block away is a neighborhood celebration of meat and beer, essentially. Melissa was more than a little disappointed to have to eat and drink alone. I tried to bribe the kids to try something, in order to deflect some of the attention off of my stubborn adherence to the "Joel Whalen Experience", but no luck. Today was filled with soccer games (no real food temptations there) but ended the day with a trip to baffle the kids with 31 flavors to choose from as an end of the summer treat. Very berry strawberry for Margot, chocolate chip for Melissa, and triple berry sorbet for Charlie. A $6.80 tab for Dad. It really is so much more satisfying to simply be the provider; all these years I have been selfishly worried about my own flavor choice. Thanks, Joel, for showing me the light.

    ReplyDelete