Sunday, October 4, 2009

Day Fourteen: My toughest challenge

That's right chicken skin.
I find it has an almost irresistible allure. Skinning an oven roasted bird for my kids was easily the hardest challenge for me to date.
Not to worry, unlike Bill Gardner, I can control myself. As I loaded the crispy, fragrant, oily, beautiful skin in the disposal, I felt a great sense of satisfaction mixed with a wee bit of regret.

My day ended with a wonderful new restaurant that offers a variety of awesome food (vegan and not). It's a Vietnamese restaurant called "Pho Saigon". Annie recommended this restaurant as an option before the play Saturday night. She thought I would have more options compatible with the JWE. She was so right.
To coin a Bill G. phrase "Sooo Good". We both started with the vegetarian spring rolls, a great start. I then tried the Vegetarian Happy Pancake ( a crispy rice crepe stuffed with tofu, mushrooms, beansprouts and more), a winner. Annie
tempted me with the Satay Beef ( tender Fillet Mignon
with veggies served on a sizzling cast iron cow platter), smelled great. Definitely a place I must return to.

2 comments:

  1. The skipster came clean today on his infatuation with crispy chicken skin. If Matthews has a joey the next time I see him I now know the reason why. Just say no!!!

    ReplyDelete