Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Day Sixteen: The Alan Roach Experience??


Over the weekend I attended a surprise birthday party for a friend and was talking with a mutual friend, Alan Roach, about the Joel Whalen experience. You see he had heard about the experience and was interested in checking out the blog.


I looked at him cuttingly and noticed he was looking healthier and trimmer than usual. Still not convinced he was worthy of the JWE, I let him beg and plead his case. He mentioned that he too had changed his ways and was eating meat only twice per week.


Still not sure, I took a chance and shared the blog address. He instantly appreciated the raw brilliance of the JWE and added the site to his "favorites".


Impressed with his convictions, I asked him to explain what I now call "The Alan Roach Experience (The ARE)".


I firmly believe "The ARE" is a logical next step for those on the JWE that wish to enjoy an occasional modest portion of lean meat. I now share "The ARE" as related to me by the man himself, Alan Roach:

Lots of Veggies and Fruits.
Oatmeal and Fruit in the morning.
Variety of salads for lunch. (No meat in salads.)
Stir fry meals with rice at night. (Sometimes with shrimp or scallops.)
My limit of meat is mostly fish. Very little chicken. Only 2 helpings of red meat in the last 4 months.
Strict limit of processed foods.
I have been following this plan since June 2nd.
I have lost 28 pounds since that time.
My inspiration was from reading a book called ‘Food Matters’ written by Mark Bittman.
It changed my life.


4 comments:

  1. Alan, congrats and good for you. Welcome to the JWE. I cant begin to pretend that I have been as diligent as Skip but have worked hard to save face after my Salt Lake city undoing. Although the coffee was SOOOOOO GOOD. Sorry Skipster. Skippy, I suggest you are nice to your friend Alan as he looks capable of kicking your ass, swiftly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! But you haven't mentioned alcohol or caffeine. AND cheese and eggs....come on, I need guidelines. Unlike Billy Boy, I am a rule follower, so I need strict guidelines. Gotta go hang out with my new friend, Jillian Michaels. She has workouts on Demand that would make you boys cry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Chuckles-aka Kimmy, rule follower? Do i need to chat with Matt about your compliance? Who is holding you accountable to the JWE? As for a workout, have you tried P90X yet? Lets just say ive done it a couple times and almost died.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No P90X, but TRX...another "fun" workout torture device. My higher being is holding me accountable....and don't be pointing fingers Mr. Gottahavemyjoe.

    ReplyDelete