Sunday, January 1, 2012

Skip is making me create a post....I guess emailing is just not good enough for him.

As I said in the email....
Losing a few pounds isn't enough motivation to take it the distance. You need to really know what processed food and excessive animal protein/fat does to your body. Do some research. Read my buddy Dr. Hyman's books....read The China Study. If that doesn't wake you up to eating better, I don't honestly know what will. We need to take care of out bodies for the long haul.

All that said, everything in moderation (skip, that probably ranks right up there with "it is what it is"). Even As a vegetarian for about 25 years now, I don't think a piece of beef and some chicken now and then will mess you up. And I don't believe eggs are evil......but I'm not even close to finished with the China study so I may change my mind. I do believe dairy fat is fairly evil....but a low/zero fat Greek yogurt in moderation is far better than eating cookies as a snack.

My view is that if you simply can't live without animal protein, don't deprive yourself totally or you are going to continuously fail. It may actually help you stay on the wagon. Too much deprivation is not going to work. Get rid of the shitty food you eat (and we each know what that is for us....I hope) and all will fall into place. With sugar, the more you eat, the more you crave......no one benefits from processed sugary foods......so clean out the cabinet. And don't use the old "but I have it for the kids", they don't need it either.

And we of course need to be EXERCISING!!!!!

Keep it real and you wont feel like you need a cleansing.

Happy New Year and cheers (with a glass of water) to clean eating.
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment