Monday, January 16, 2012

Week three weigh in

I stayed the same at 118. Eating pretty well but I guess too much. I will cut down amounts....and I confess....I scoffed some waffle fries from the kids last night. Dumb move on a Sunday night. Matt is over the pond, minding the gap...stay strong Matty!

Anyone still in or are we down to Skip, Matt and I...haven't heard from anyone lately. They say New Year's resolutions go away in two to three weeks. Consider this...

1. Read the Book, "the China Study". If that doesn't make you want to change your ways, nothing probably will.

2. I took my kids to the Pine Street Inn in Boston (homeless shelter) to make sandwiches and serve a hot brunch. I was stationed over a mixture of overcooked peas and carrots, pancakes and a minestrone soup. Jillian manned the chicken and a meat that we needed to ask what it was ...it was ham. As I asked if they wanted peas and carrots, one woman smiled and said, "yes, you gotta eat your veggies". As a homeless person, she had no other options. WE have options. WE can say no to processed and yes to yummy stuff....skip is even giving us the recipes!

4 comments:

  1. Amen..weighed in today at 192..down four from last week. Feeling great. I will post an awesome mint pea dip recipe later. Goes great with cucumber slices. Don't knock it till you try it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the loss! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete